DEVELOPMENT OF THE FIRST POLISH COMPLEMENTARY NAVIGATION SYSTEM FOR THE SURGICAL ONCOLOGIC TREATMENT
Supervisor: Magdalena Żuk, PhD
Duration: 1.08.2014 – 31.07.2017
Team budget: 5 645 966 PLN
Total budget : 24 608 695 PLN
Raising importance of healthcare, society aging, aspiration to improve QL and increasing incidence of civilization diseases (such as oncologic diseases) stimulates demand on new medical therapies and products. Aim of this Project is creating and preparing for implementation, a novel method of surgical navigation system for oncologic diseases treatment. Oncologic diseases are second cause of death in Poland and reason of 17% of disabilities. Development of proposed technologies leads to achieving significant progress in overcoming oncologic diseases including both, prophylaxis and treatment. It is based on results of scientific researches on personalization in treatment. The project is focused on inventing a novel system of surgical navigation for intra-operative precise identification of the tumour and its radical resection. Achievement of the goals are divided into three major parts: 1. Development of novel technology, 2. Preclinical trials (in-vitro and in-vivo), 3. Clinical trials: development of innovative surgical oncologic treatment method.
- Hardware development for the MentorEye system.
- Software development for the MentorEye system.
- The tests and evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of MentorEye system in the operating room environment.
- In-vitro and in-vivo assessment of intra-operative module in MentorEye system.
- Assessment of the effectiveness of intra-operative module in-vivo.
- Standard clinical case to develop guidelines for use and care for the MentorEye system. Integration of modules.